Designed for Lymphedema
- The L‑Dex score, only available from ImpediMed, is designed to detect small lymphedema-related fluid changes in the limbs.
- L‑Dex compares the fluid in a limb at-risk for lymphedema to a healthy limb in order to help detect lymphedema.
- FDA-cleared for unilateral and bilateral secondary lymphedema of the arms and legs, in women and men.
- L‑Dex is validated to detect lymphedema at its earliest, subclinical stage
- Detects fluid changes as small as 36 ml (2.4 tablespoons)
- Validated against lymphoscintigraphy
- 80% Sensitive and 90% Specific in detecting subclinical lymphedema following cancer surgery with a 6.5 change from a pre-treatment baseline
- 92% of patients with early detection using L-Dex and intervention did not progress to chronic lymphedema4
- Significantly lower progression to chronic lymphedema with early detection using L-Dex and intervention versus using tape measure4
- L-Dex more precise and reliable than tape measure4