LOW CHILLING TEMPERATURE IN THE COOLING TUNNEL
The water in the OctoFrost IF Chiller is filtered, recirculated and then chilled by the plate heat exchanger (PHE). The PHE provides ice-cold water with a temperature of 1°C. The system is designed to reach a product core temperature of 5°C or less. The water falls gently over the product by means of gravitation only, therefore product quality is not compromised. A low product core temperature translates in better IQF freezing result and a higher yield.
CROSS-FLOW SYSTEM IN THE FOOD PROCESSING CHILLER
The OctoFrost™ cross-flow water system results in the quickest possible chilling of the product. The high volume of filtered and recirculated 1°C water is distributed evenly across the whole width and length of the chiller; deluging the product and immediately exiting the chiller to be re-chilled by the PHE. The temperature increase of the water after passing through the product does not exceed 4°C, requiring little energy for re-chilling. The water flowing through the chiller has the exact same temperature in every part of the IF Chiller.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE IF CHILLER:
- The temperature of the chiller water is between 1° and 2°C at every position in the IF Chiller;
- Cross-flow water circulation
- Quicker chilling process which improves yield and product quality;
- System temperature in the IF Chiller is below 6°C for reliable food safety;
- The fastest heat transfer due to the high volume of 1°C ice-cold water and the impingement flash (IF) technology, as compared to any other system available;
- High volume of recirculated water over the product;
- CIP system in place.
PRODUCTS FOR IF CHILLER
- Tropical Fruits