FULL TEMPERATURE CONTROL OF THE BLANCHING EQUIPMENT
With the Impingement Flash technology, the blanching time is reduced to a minimum, preventing over-blanching and reducing time and energy consumption. The user of the OctoFrost™ IF Blancher has absolute control over the blanching termperature based on exposure time.
Optionally, the OctoFrost™ IF Blancher can be fitted with a second temperature zone to reduce temperature in the final blanching stage for delicate products that are prone to over-blanching.
OCTOFROST™ CROSS-FLOW WATER SYSTEM
The unique cross-flow water system uses high volume of filtered and recirculated water that showers over and through the product, and immediately exits the blancher. The water then re-enters the heating tank. Due to the high volume of water used, the temperature drop (delta T°) is maximum 3° C. The water flowing through the OctoFrost IF Blancher has the correct set temperature in every part of the blancher.
The rainshower system guarantees quickest heat transfer, allowing accurate temperature control within 0.2°C of the set temperatures. The water falls gently over the product by means of gravitation only, therefore product quality is not compromised. Additionally, the rainshower system serves a product cleaning function.
PRODUCTS FOR OCTOFROST BLANCHER
- Grains and Pulses
KEY BENEFITS OF THE IF BLANCHER
- Flexibility of different temperature zones to avoid over-blanching.
- Energy efficient steam injection into the blanching water.
- Cross-flow water circulation.
- Faster heat transfer due to the impingement rainshower system.
- High volume of recirculated water over the product.
- CIP system in place.
- Control over blanching time and temperature (different sections of the blancher can be turned on or off, with the additional flexibility of speeding-up or speeding-down the belt).